1. Built in 1924, it has been a gas station, a car dealership, a flea market, a retail store, a real estate office, a consignment shop, & a thrift store. No doubt it can be many more things in the future. This building is solidly built on a rock & concrete foundation with concrete floors for both the store & the apartment & with brick walls on the main floor & 6 inch thick walls on the apartment level for added insulation value. It is grandfathered in as commercial, though the immediately surrounding area is now zoned residential.
2. The retail windows & commercial grade doors were installed in 2008. The doors on the front left & the side of the building on the right & under the building are all newer than 2008, ranging from 2011-2018. The apartment windows in the living area are all modern, double paned windows & installed around 2017. There is a changing room/rest room in the back half of the retail area. There is also a smaller utility room in the front half that is plumbed for a toilet as well. This makes the property easily divide-able into two if you'd like, each with it's own entrance & restroom.
3. The trex clad deck & rear entrance to the building were installed in 2008 & allows for outdoor space & storage (there is a shed under the deck) & access to the back parking lot. Being made of trex, it is sure to last many more years with minimal maintenance.
4. The 2011 separate workshop is 30 ft x 46 ft (1380 sq feet) with a 2nd floor of 12 ft x 46 ft (516 sq feet) & has trex stairs outside. It does have a water line to it for a hose, but does not have access to sewer. It is clad in metal with 1/2" foam insulation board.
5. The flat asphalt roof above the store area was upgraded in 2017 to a rubber pvc roof with foam insulation underneath for an added r value of 13, with expected life of 30 years. Should a tear happen, pvc is easily patched.
6. The retail fixtures attached to the wall all convey along with the shelving that goes with it. The built in shelving & the retail counter also convey.
7. The heating/cooling system was upgraded from a oil-fired hot water radiator system to an electric powered mini-split heat pump system in 2020. The system was installed by Tuckers Heating & Air Conditioning of Frederick & has a 12 year warranty.
8. The lower level could be converted to residential or residential/commercial. See town for details. There are plenty of additional windows that have the window headers in & would just need to be upgraded to double pane for good insulation.
9. The side storage room on the left of the building & the under the store storage area accessible from the rear, both were used as garages & could be changed back by simply changing out the wall to a garage door.
10. The apartment is 1300 sq ft. The flooring was all upgraded since 2018. It was freshly painted in 2019. All rooms have individually controllable baseboard heating with programmable thermostats. A built in air conditioner cools the kitchen/dining/living room areas. All rooms except the bathroom have ceiling fans with light fixtures. The refrigerator is from 2010, but all other kitchen appliances were all installed during the remodel in 2017, with the dishwasher installed in 2020. The washer/dryer were purchased used. The two larger bedrooms are about 12 ft x 12 ft with 3 ft x 9 ft closets. Those closets feature modern shelving & clothing racks to maximize storage. The third bedroom is also approximately 12 x 12 ft, but the smaller 3 ft x 3ft closet bumps into the room, making it smaller. The living room is approximately 12 x 23 ft & the kitchen/dining area about 12 x 24 ft.
11. Boonsboro is expected to grow. A new post office has been built on the east side & a new Ace Hardware is also planned. More businesses are planned in the area where the new post office is. Check with the Economic Development Commission for details. New home developments are also coming as is a new elementary school to accommodate the increased population.
Courtesy of: Cottage Street Realty LLC Listing information provided courtesy of the Bright MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Updated: 30th June, 2022 4:55 AM (UTC)